Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Getting consumers' consent to sell cellphone tracking data

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 05:30:44 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: david zuhn <david.zuhn () gmail com>
Date: November 30, 2005 5:32:41 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Getting consumers' consent to sell cellphone tracking data

handsets.  I have yet to find an E911 location-capable handset that
offers the owner ANY control over how and when the phone transmits
location information.

My phone, a Kyocera <mumble>, gotten through Qwest, offers me a choice
of transmitting location information for all calls or just for 911.
It was even fairly prominent in the phone README document, if I
remember correctly.

--
david d zuhn,  St Paul Bridge & Terminal Ry.,  St. Paul, Minn.
http://stpaulterminal.org/