Interesting People mailing list archives

ip lurker bullies

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:07:26 -0500

I have been so "bullied" but I fight back djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jordan Pollack <pollack () cs brandeis edu>
Date: December 31, 2005 3:01:12 PM EST
To: mary.shaw () cs cmu edu
Cc: dave () farber net
Subject: ip lurker bullies

Hi Mary,

Sorry to see you bullied. I've seen this exact kind of off-list email mind-control bullying repeatedly over several years on Jewish mailing lists and bulletin boards. If you spoke up against any israeli policy, say, the murder of Rachel Corrie, or the assassination of Sheik Yassin, the illegal expropriation of land, the destruction of olive groves and construction of a illegal border wall, etc., you became subject to a barrage of hateful email from angry and anonymous ultra-right-wing jews suggesting that you are a towel-head lover, that you should invite al quada terrorists into your house to rape your daughter. you could even get added to the self-hating-jew hit list http://www.masada2000.org/shit-list.html

Its good that you exposed this, but I wonder how many other people on IP are getting bullied by lurking trolls and not exposing it. Dave, it may be worth asking people if they have received similar nastygrams for items posted.

Jordan

Begin forwarded message: