Interesting People mailing list archives

DHS response to story of UMass senior who requested book

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:07:44 -0500 (EST)

Subject: DHS response to story of UMass senior who requested book
From:    "Paul Saffo" <pls () well com>
Date:    Mon, December 19, 2005 11:22 am
To:      "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>

Dave-
I forwarded the UMass story to a well-connected friend who indirected   it
to a pal in the DHS. Here is his response.  He intended to
reassure, but it only alarms me further.  The "trust us" attitude is
more proof  that we are witnessing the rise of a new form of American
Facism and its adherents are busily destroying America in order to
"save" America.
-p

Begin forwarded message: