Interesting People mailing list archives

Who are the real pirates? Beatles Starr Sue EMI for upaid royalties

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 18:21:03 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Robert J. Berger" <rberger () ibd com>
Date: December 16, 2005 4:18:46 PM EST
To: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>, Dave Farber <dave () farber net> Subject: Who are the real pirates? Beatles Starr Sue EMI for upaid royalties

[If the Record Companies can stiff the Beatles, what are they doing to all the
"little guys"? - Rob]

Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr Sue EMI

http://www.salon.com/wire/ap/archive.html?wire=D8EHE3N00.html

December 16,2005 | LONDON -- Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and
relatives of their Beatles' bandmates are suing EMI to recover
what they claim is more than $53 million in unpaid royalties,
their company said Friday.

McCartney, Starr and relatives of John Lennon and George
Harrison are pursuing the case both in New York and London.

"We have tried to reach a settlement through good faith
negotiations and regret that our efforts have been in vain,"
said Neil Aspinall, who heads Apple Corps Ltd.

"Despite very clear provisions in our contracts, EMI persists in
ignoring their obligations and duty to account fairly and with
transparency," Aspinall said.

EMI declined to comment on the case.

Robert J. Berger - Internet Bandwidth Development, LLC.
Voice: 408-882-4755 eFax: +1-408-490-2868
http://www.ibd.com