Interesting People mailing list archives

credit card rip-off (fwd)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:01:58 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

Date: December 10, 2005 1:29:56 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Fwd: credit card rip-off (fwd)

Per our discussion at dinner last night:

This from one of the girls, but I have not yet tried to establish the
accuracy of the information nor have I been the victim of this particular
scam.

Beware of this scam...
well, the mystery of some of the odd charges on the credit card is
explained - there is a scam going around through Expedia.com -
details below:

http://adam.rosi-kessel.org/weblog/the_man/ webloyalty_aka_wli_reservations_is_a_scam.html

Bottom line: when using on-line services, be extremely careful and
conservative. Do not click any unknown links if you have just given
credit card info. Minimize use the credit card over the web.

I also recommend against using Expedia.com due to these problems.