Interesting People mailing list archives

darn good question -- more on Learning to Lose?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:59:23 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jeffrey Hunker <jhunker () andrew cmu edu>
Date: December 9, 2005 11:42:22 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Learning to Lose?

Dave,

A comment on the below -- previous leading societies did not necessarily have the insight we have into the decline and fall of empires/economies/technologies. So why cannot we apply this insight into our own situation, and take appropriate action? Are we sheep doomed to repeat the past, simply because this is what has happened x decades or centuries ago?

Jeffrey Hunker
Professor of Technology Policy
Carnegie Mellon University
jhunker () andrew cmu edu