Interesting People mailing list archives

Networking neighbors online

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:30:40 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steven Clift <slc () publicus net>
Date: August 1, 2005 4:27:09 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: For IP - Networking neighbors online

Dave,

I've put together a top five tips list for turning the one night
National Night Out into an ongoing online network of neighbors.  The
article includes a form you can download as well.  I think we need to
remind ourselves that positive uses of technology come from our own
willingness to use what works in new settings.  Being "local" online is
still a stretch for an Internet leadership culture that often thinks
global, but every year localism online takes a jump forward.

See:
http://dowire.org/wiki/Networking_neighbors_online

If you want to blog, this my blog post on it is:
http://www.dowire.org/notes/index.php?p=22

Cheers,

Steven Clift

Steven Clift - http://publicus.net - Reply to: clift () publicus net