Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Verizon to Sell High Speed Net Connections for $14.95 a month

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:30:54 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marc <marcaniballi () hotmail com>
Date: August 25, 2005 6:26:22 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Verizon to Sell High Speed Net Connections for $14.95 a month

Just to compare;

In 1997, I had 512k DSL in my Toronto apartment (downtown).

In 2000, I had 1 MB DSL in my villa in Dubai.

In 2004, I had 8 MB DSL in my house on the outskirts of a small town in the hills of Provence. This includes an IP phone with unlimited free national
calling (local calls are paid over here - usually).

Sometime this year I will be upgrading to 25 MB (whenever the service gets
to my little rural corner of the world).

Throughout this progression the price has steadily dropped. The 25 MB
service is selling for 14.95 EUR (~$18 USD). And prices are going to
continue dropping while speeds increase due to rampant competition (in
Western Europe at least).

Marc Aniballi