Interesting People mailing list archives

more on more on CNN special on Iraq war intelligence failures

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:18:45 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Randall <4whp () insightbb com>
Date: August 24, 2005 7:52:20 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: rca53 () columbia edu
Subject: Re: [IP] more on CNN special on Iraq war intelligence failures

BUT - before Tet, the US public was rather soundly supportive of the
war.  Militarily, the US did win Tet, but losses were so high that US
public opinion afterward turned against the war.

As Ho Chi Minh said:  "You will kill a thousand of us and we will kill a
hundred of you - and we will win".  With more than half the American
public now of the opinion that George's War was not worth the cost now,
imagine how We The People will react if the Iraqis impose Tet-level
casualties on the invading army.