Interesting People mailing list archives

Nuvio Challenges FCC VoIP 911 Order

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:55:13 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Genny Pershing <gennypershing () yahoo com>
Date: August 16, 2005 11:29:46 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Nuvio Challenges FCC VoIP 911 Order

Press Contact: Heather Carmichael :: (816) 444-4422
ext.6770 :: hcarmichael () nuvio com

Nuvio Files Appeal of FCC VoIP E911 Order
::posted on August 15, 2005 by Admin
August 15, 2005

Overland Park, Kan., -- Nuvio Corporation, a leading
provider of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
services, today announced that it has filed an appeal
of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) order
requiring VoIP providers to make E911 available to
their customers nationwide by the end of the year.
Because of the looming November 28, 2005 deadline,
Nuvio has requested the US Court of Appeals for the
District of Columbia to expedite the schedule in the
hopes of reaching a decision prior the FCC Order
taking effect.

“While we share the Commission’s passion about
deploying 911 service, and we have worked diligently
to provide our users with 911 access, the 120-day
requirement imposed by the FCC is arbitrary and
capricious and without support in the record,”
commented Jason Talley, president and CEO of Nuvio.
“In fact, the record clearly shows that wireless
companies have been given decades to implement this
type of 911 service and are still far from
completion”.

“With the filing of our motion for an expedited
briefing schedule, we have advised the court that it
is imperative that we have a decision by November 7,
2005. Absent that, and with the lack of direction
currently given by the FCC, we will have no choice but
to start suspending some users. Our users are
primarily small to medium-sized businesses, and we
have to be able to notify them in advance of any
service interruption,” Talley stated.

About Nuvio
Nuvio enables partners to provide today’s most
advanced, cost-effective communication solutions to
their customers. Nuvio operates one of the largest
VoIP networks and markets its VoIP services through a
growing network of ISP, Network Integrator, VAR and
other reseller partnerships worldwide. Products
include Voice service for residential customers and
nPBX, a hosted business solution that provides small
to medium-sized businesses with a cost-effective
alternative to traditional phone service and systems.
For additional information about Nuvio Corporation or
its Partner Program, visit www.nuvio.com or call
toll-free (866) 466-8846.

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." --M. Facklam

http://mail.yahoo.com