Interesting People mailing list archives

more on TSA may loosen carry-on, shoe-removal, other rules

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:42:57 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Angela Gunn <angela.gunn () gmail com>
Date: August 13, 2005 11:45:58 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] TSA may loosen carry-on, shoe-removal, other rules

Or anti-theater -- most of ths list is drawn from the pool of People
Who Could Actually Raise A Stink About TSA Foolishness And Make It
Effective. If Congresscritters, judges, Cabinet members, brass and
their don't have to put up with this nonsense, what are the odds
they're going to feel any sense of urgency when Joe Constituent writes
a equivocal "I don't mean to sound like I support the terrorists but
this system doesn't seem right" letter?

If American leadership honestly believed the system worked, they'd be
volunteering to stand on the checkpoint lines and endure the
possibility of patdown, as then we'd "all be in this together." As it
is, we accept bad political theater, we get... more bad political
theater.

--
Angela Gunn
PC World's Digital Duo