Interesting People mailing list archives

Apple to add Trusted Computing to the new kernel?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:31:06 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Monty Solomon <monty () roscom com>
Date: August 1, 2005 9:42:42 AM EDT
To: undisclosed-recipient:;
Subject: Apple to add Trusted Computing to the new kernel?

Apple to add Trusted Computing to the new kernel?
Cory Doctorow
July 31, 2005

People working with early versions of the forthcoming Intel-based
MacOS X operating system have discovered that Apple's new kernel
makes use of Intel's Trusted Computing hardware. If this "feature"
appears in a commercial, shipping version of Apple's OS, they'll lose
me as a customer -- I've used Apple computers since 1979 and have a
Mac tattooed on my right bicep, but this is a deal-breaker.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/31/apple_to_add_trusted.html