Interesting People mailing list archives

Broadcast Fahrenheit 9/11 just before election?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:09:27 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Trei, Peter" <ptrei () rsasecurity com>
Date: September 8, 2004 1:29:48 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Broadcast Fahrenheit 9/11 just before election?

Dave:

For IP, if you wish.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2004 -09-06

Michael Moore want to have a nationwide broadcast of
'Fahrenheit 9/11' the night before the election. He's got
a bunch of roadblocks to overcome.

1. The film would lose eligibility of a 'best documentary'
Oscar. He's willing to do this.

2. His home video distributor won't allow it, for obvious
reasons (the DVD comes out October). Moore says:
"So far, no deal. But I haven't given up trying."

3. He does not mention this, but I can't help but
suspect that the GOP would call for equal time.
What might they put on?

4. Also, would any network be willing to show this
in such a partisan manner, fearing the consequences
if Bush is re-elected?

Peter