Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Bob Evans, IBM mainframe pioneer, dies at 77

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 14:32:36 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Peter G Capek <capek () us ibm com>
Date: September 6, 2004 2:26:48 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, Ted () Dolotta ORG
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Bob Evans, IBM mainframe pioneer, dies at 77

I cringed when I read that statement, by a Director no less, in the zSeries marketing organization. Shameful.

Dave - you didn't identify Bob Evans in the photograph, but I think he's the second guy from the right, standing.   Is that right? YES THAT IS BO!!! Are you in there?  I can't spot you, if you are. I AM SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF Bo   Can you identify any of the others?   Is it a SHARE crowd, or an IBM group? SHARE/IBM MIXED CROWD

                            Peter

Peter G. Capek
 IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
 Yorktown Heights, NY   10598-0218
 (+1 914) 945-1250       IBM Tieline: 8-862-1250            Fax:  X 4426