Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Bob Evans, IBM mainframe pioneer, dies at 77

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:54:20 -0400

And here I thought the 70x and 70x0 were just for SNOBOL :-). Yes they were very very multipurpose and in many ways the SOS (SHARE Operating System was way ahead of latter systems (minus time sharing but.. ) (May still be ahead ).

Yes I knew about the T and did you know that the technology for the T seemed to be Stretch technology

Begin forwarded message: