Interesting People mailing list archives

Swiss on a Roll With Quantum Crypto

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:03:09 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Rosenberg <bob () bobrosenberg phoenix az us>
Date: September 30, 2004 3:46:48 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: Swiss on a Roll With Quantum Crypto

Dave

I'll preface my remarks by declaring that I do not have the technical background to formally defend my following statement. Nonetheless, I believe it to be
scientifically accurate.

Professor Gisin says, in part, «... quantum cryptography exploits the laws of quantum physics to guarantee in an absolute fashion the confidentiality of data transmission. « Quantum ryptography constitutes a revolution in the field of information security » says Professor Nicolas Gisin, of the University of Geneva. « It is the only solution offering long term confidentiality and which
cannot be compromised by scientific or technological advances ».

I suggest that a more accurate statement would be, "It is the only solution
offering long term confidentiality and which cannot be compromised by
*CURRENTLY KNOWN* scientific or technological advances".

I, for one, don't know where, or when, the next Einstein, or Feynman, or Hawking will arrive on the scene. I certainly don't know what they will tease out of
nature's secret treasure trove.
--
--
Cordially,

Bob Rosenberg, Principal
R.G. Rosenberg & Assoc.
Public Policy Consulting & Advocacy
P.O. Box 33023
Phoenix, AZ  85067-3023
LandLine:  (602)274-3012
Mobile:  (602)206-2856
bob () bobrosenberg phoenix az us

PLEASE NOTE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, a significant number of electrons may have been somewhat
perturbed.