Interesting People mailing list archives

more on UK Independent on Florida E-Voting (machine design problems)

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:55 -0400

...... Forwarded Message .......
From: Dave Mackenzie <davemack () UDel Edu>
To: dave () farber net
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:46:24 -0400
Subj: Re: [IP] more on UK Independent on Florida E-Voting (machine design
problems)

This is a problem that we have in Delaware.  We have been using
electronic machines for over 5 years that have a large green VOTE button
at the very bottom of the machine.  It is at a convenient level for
someone in a wheel chair but below the field of vision for people
standing in the booth.  The VOTE button does not move the curtains.  So
some people just leave with out pressing the button.   I am not sure of
the policy concerning the workers pushing the vote button or just
resetting the machine for the next voter.

Dave Mackenzie