Interesting People mailing list archives

Women receive less than 28 % of the comp sci BAs - only field w/ decline

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:15:32 -0400

I am going to add to this in a different direction. The world and the USA wastes more than just woman talent. It ignores our brightest in primary/secondary schools offering them, in the majority of schoools, nothing meaningful in the way of developing their minds -- be they male, female, black, brown etc.

Normally the argument is "we cannot find the money". They can of course for the best athletically . Does that say something about priorities. The same argument that is used below can and should be used to support accelerated education for our brightest -- male or female.

Dave

Begin forwarded message: