Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Re: University Bans Wireless Access Points

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:34:17 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Date: September 10, 2004 8:29:18 AM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Re: University Bans Wireless Access Points

[Note: This comment comes from a reader of Farber's IP list. I was attending a conference yesterday and a senior FCC staffer who was attending the same conference saw this posting to my list. We discussed the matter and his take was that the university's actions were inappropriate and he contacted his counterparts at the Commission to call the matter to their attention. I believe that there current plan is to contact the officials at the university and explain to get more facts on the matter and to explain to them the specifics of the recent clarification from June on this matter. One thing that wasn't clear in the original posting is that the students are not connected to the university's network, but are using Net service from a cable provider. This is an important issue and if I get anymore information on this item, I will post it to the list. DLH]

-- Dewayne