Interesting People mailing list archives

Last Minute Grassroots Politics

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:25:35 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Clay Turner <clayturner () earthlink net>
Date: October 26, 2004 6:21:14 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Last Minute Grassroots Politics

Hi Dave-

My mother- a registered Republican in SE Pennsylvania,
phoned me tonight.  She had just received a call from
 local Republican headquarters.  The woman on the line asked her
 very nicely if she was planning on voting for President Bush.

 When my mother replied that she would be voting for Senator Kerry,
 the woman changed her tone and asked her if she knew that Kerry is
 the candidate endorsed by Osama Bin Laden.

I wonder how typical this is- is anyone else getting stuff like this from either party? I guess it's always there, I just wonder how organized it is, especially this year.

 Clay Turner