Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Polling Place Violation of Law

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:06:53 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gene Gaines <gene.gaines () gainesgroup com>
Date: October 26, 2004 11:16:29 AM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Polling Place Violation of Law

David,

I just spoke with Mr. Ables, Voting Registrar of Fauquier
County, Virginia, telephone 540-347-6972.

He confirmed to me that he chose the placements of the
two voting booths in his office so that the color portraits
of the president and vice president are prominently
displayed over the booths.

He informed me that he is justified in taking this action
because he also has placed on the wall photographs of all
elected state officials.  Mr. Ables then stated that he
was outraged that I would question him, and hung up on me.

LESSON FOR EVERYONE:  Any questionable election activity,
phone the nonpartisan "Lawyers Committee for Election
Protection" 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) or 202-347-1835.

Gene Gaines
gene.gaines () gainesgroup com
Loudoun County, Virginia