Interesting People mailing list archives

And thus the circus begins: ABC News reports voting problems in Florida

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:38:44 -0400

We, GG and I , are still waiting for our absentee ballots in Pennsylvania

djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: October 18, 2004 8:36:25 PM EDT
To: declan () well com, dave () farber net
Subject: And thus the circus begins: ABC News reports voting problems in Florida

"Early voting" began today in Florida (among other states).
So did the problems.

See:

        http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=176059

which reads in part:

        WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. Oct. 18, 2004 -- With memories of 2000
        and the state's bitter fight over ballots still fresh,
        Floridians began casting votes Monday and within an hour
        problems cropped up.

        In Palm Beach County, the center of the madness during the
        recount four years ago, a Democratic state legislator said she
        wasn't given a complete absentee ballot when she asked to opt
        for paper instead of the electronic touch-screen machines.
        Several voting sites in Broward County had problems with
        laptops connected to elections headquarters. And a brief
        computer system crash in Orange County paralyzed voting in
        Orlando and its immediate suburbs.

---Rsk