Interesting People mailing list archives

NYTimes.com Article: Scary Ads Take Campaign to a Grim New Level

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:30 -0400

___

Dave Farber  +1 412 726 9889

...... Forwarded Message .......
From: Mary Shaw <mary.shaw () gmail com>
To: dave () farber net
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 07:54:54 -0400
Subj: Re: [IP] NYTimes.com Article: Scary Ads Take Campaign to a Grim New
Level

I'm surprised not to have seen ads that go "Instead of pursuing a
misbegotten war in Iraq, we could have spent the money on ..., not to
mention the lives"

Some numbers to fill in the blanks are at http://www.costofwar.com/,
though I haven't checked their analysis.  For example, they show the
war in Iraq as costing the US $140,630,150,456 (and counting), which
would have funded health insurance for 84,209.700 children for one
year, or 2,437,138 public school teachers for a year, or the global
anti-hunger effort for 5 years, or the world-wide AIDS programs for 14
years, or ...

Mary