Interesting People mailing list archives

more on TiVo sells your fast-forward button to advertisers

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:20:31 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bill Williamson <batkiwi () happychinchilla com>
Date: November 18, 2004 6:20:09 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] TiVo sells your fast-forward button to advertisers

Two TiVo notes for you!

1. I'm sure you know it, but the other readers may not know that the combination to enable 30 second skip is "select play select 3 0 select". 2. With 30 second skip activated, if you fast forward and press the "skip" button WHILE FAST FORWARDING, it skips to the next 15 minute marker! If rewinding, it skips to the previous one. That means you're still no more than about 3 button presses away from beginning/end, and you now have more granular control over skipping sections of shows.

It took me over a year to figure out #2 by accident, so I'm sure lots of people don't know about it.

--Bill