Interesting People mailing list archives

Microsoft's Ballmer warns Asia of Linux lawsuits

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:23:02 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ole Jacobsen <ole () cisco com>
Date: November 18, 2004 11:46:56 AM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Microsoft's Ballmer warns Asia of Linux lawsuits

Isn't it ironic that the best way Microsoft thinks it can deal with
open-source software is to spread lies about it and hint at lawsuits:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/041118/3/3om81.html

One particular tasty quote:

"We think our software is far more secure than open-source software. It is more secure because we stand behind it, we fixed it, because we built
  it. Nobody ever knows who built open-source software," he added.

What planet is this guy living on?

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Academic Research and Technology Initiatives, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole () cisco com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj