Interesting People mailing list archives

more on It's not a glitch, darn it.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 17:32:16 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt () gulbrandsen priv no>
Date: November 7, 2004 7:58:38 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] It's not a glitch, darn it.

For IP, if you wish.

Rich Kulawiec writes about the Indian elections earlier this year:

If we define "smashing success" as including such things as "accurately counted every ballot" and "ensured the privacy of every ballot" -- and I sure hope that's how we define it -- then I have a question:

How do you know?

I'll bite: Because the Indian Election Commision is widely considered to be honest, impartial and competent. The Indians seem to respect it more than any other government agency, perhaps except the Supreme Court.

Not exactly Katherine Harris.

Arnt