Interesting People mailing list archives

Fwd: Re: more on on Google? Vital statistics

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 11:12:23 -0400

NOT FOR ATTRIBUTION:

I know for a FACT they passed 100,000 last November. One thing the Louis
calculation may have missed is Google's obsession with low cost. For example
read the company's technical white paper on the Google file system. It was
designed so that Google could purchase the cheapest disks possible,
expecting them to have a high failure rate. What happens when you factor
cost obsession into his equation?

> From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
> Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 10:52:24 -0400
> To: ip () v2 listbox com