Interesting People mailing list archives

: FCC in a quandary over VoIP

From: dave () farber net
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:59 -0400

 ..... Forwarded Message .......
From: Claudio GutiƩrrez <cgutierrez () improvement cl>
To: dave () farber net
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:41:29 -0400
Subj: Re: [IP] : FCC in a quandary over VoIP

let me think: 5 million households unable to afford telephone services
could have VoIP just paying $5..... 5 million unable to afford telephone
service but able to pay broadband Internet service? (broadband because
they can't afford to pay the telephone service needed for dialup Internet).

This sounds to me like selling cars to people unable to afford gasoline.

Regards