Interesting People mailing list archives

Terry Jones, on supporting America

From: dave () farber net
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 08:59 -0400

 ..... Forwarded Message .......
From: Brian Randell <Brian.Randell () newcastle ac uk>
To: dave () farber net
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 10:09:24 +0100
Subj: Terry Jones, on supporting America

Dave:

Here is a powerful opinion piece by Terry Jones from today's (UK) Guardian.

Cheers

Brian

====

This week

Terry Jones
Saturday May 22, 2004
The Guardian

Tony Blair tells us that we should do everything
we can to support America. And I agree. I think
we should repudiate those who inflict harm on
Americans, we should shun those who bring
America itself into disrepute and we should
denounce those who threaten the freedom and
democracy that are synonymous with being
American.

That is why Tony's recent announcement that he
wishes to stand shoulder to shoulder with George
Bush is so puzzling. It's difficult to think of
anyone who has inflicted more harm on Americans
than their current president.
If Tony Blair really were concerned about
helping Americans, he would surely be helping
them to reclaim their country and institutions
from this catastrophic presidency.

·Terry Jones is a writer, film director, actor and Python

Full story at:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1222394,00.html

--
School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE1 7RU, UK