Interesting People mailing list archives

FCC in Monterey this Wednesday

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:57:02 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Janos G." <janos451 () earthlink net>
Date: July 16, 2004 5:49:02 PM EDT
To: Farber-IP <dave () farber net>, Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () dandin com>
Subject: Fw: FCC in Monterey this Wednesday

----- Original Message -----
 From: Noah T. Winer, MoveOn.org
To: Janos Gereben
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 12:27 PM
Subject: FCC in Monterey this Wednesday

Dear MoveOn member,

This Wednesday, the FCC is coming to Monterey. Make sure you're there to tell them how you feel about the increasing consolidation of media ownership.

This is one of only six official FCC hearings on Localism in Broadcasting. It's an extremely rare opportunity to tell the FCC about the state of your local media and how well TV and radio are serving your needs.

 When:
Wednesday, July 21, 6:00 PM

 Where:
Monterey Conference Center
1 Portola Plaza
Monterey, CA

Free advance tickets are available. Our friends at Free Press can tell you more about how to prepare:

 http://freepress.net/townmeetings/

This hearing is especially important in light of the recent order for the FCC to rewrite its new media ownership rules, which would have allowed big media conglomerates to get even bigger. Be there in person to tell the FCC that localism and diversity cannot thrive under media consolidation.

 I hope you'll make your voice heard this Wednesday!

 Sincerely,

--Noah T. Winer
  MoveOn.org
  July 16th, 2004