Interesting People mailing list archives

DATE CORRECTION: >>>GEORGE DYSON speaks in San Francisco, Friday, 1/9/04<<<

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:41:37 -0500

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:44:35 -0800
From: allison () stanford edu
Subject: DATE CORRECTION: >>>GEORGE DYSON speaks in San Francisco, Friday,
 1/9/04<<<
To: farber () cis upenn edu

CORRECTION -- There was a potentially confusing typo in data in the
subject line for the announcement of George Dyson's Long Now talk
announced yesterday.  The date and time are correct below...  Check the
web site for addtional information.  And apologies for the extra email
noise.

============== the information below is correct ====================

Speaker:  GEORGE DYSON

Title:    There's Plenty of Room at the Top -- Long-term Thinking About
          Large-scale Computing

Time:     Friday, January 9th, 2004

Place:    Fort Mason Conference Center, San Francisco
          (details below)

Sponsor:  The Long Now Foundation (http://www.longnow.org)

The lecture is free, although we gladly accept $10 donations at the door.
Since there is limited seating and no tickets we recommend early
arrival. The doors open at 7 pm; Dyson begins at 8.

Fort Mason's Conference Center is the location of the talk.  Look for
the searchlight outside the door.  It's the first room in the first
building as you drive into Fort Mason.  There is a map at:
http://www.fortmason.org/directions/index.html  (On this map the
Conference Center is in the upper-rightmost building, pale blue,
called "Building A.")