Interesting People mailing list archives

The wit and wisdom of Chairman Larry

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:34:56 -0500

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:05:32 -0500
From: "Hitchens, Ralph" <Ralph.Hitchens () hq doe gov>
Subject: The wit and wisdom of Chairman Larry
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>

Dave,
I'm sure several IPers heard this online or in person. Larry Ellison was speaking at an Oracle conference in San Diego earlier this week, and tossed out a few bon mots:

- "We bartered our privacy away for easy credit; why sweat our privacy concerns to track terrorists?"

- on his recent wedding, "Moving to a single instance is easier."

- In the event of an injury, "The hospital will know that I can pay in 20 seconds. It will take 20 days to get my records."

Ralph Hitchens