Interesting People mailing list archives

Election 2004 links, "virtual civil war" speech

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:16:57 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Clift <slc () publicus net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:13:39
To:dave () farber net
Subject: Election 2004 links, "virtual civil war" speech

Dave,

IP members might be interested in one of the most extensive collections of
election 2004 links on the Internet:

http://www.e-democracy.org/us

Also, contrary to all the breathless media coverage on the use of the
Internet in the Presidential campaign, I gave a more sobering assessment of
e-politics trends recently in a speech at a WSIS side event in Geneva. I
suggest that we may soon be view the Internet as a major factor in an
emerging "virtual civil war" among American partisans:

http://www.publicus.net/articles/democraticevolution.html

Fellow panelists included the Foreign Minister of Greece, George
Papandreou, Nicholas Negroponte, and Stephen Coleman from Oxford.  UNITAR
has video of the event at: http://egov.unitar.org/spip/article187.html

Cheers,
Steven Clift