Interesting People mailing list archives

more on The CHILLING EFFECT

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:39:35 -0500

From: Dana Blankenhorn <danablankenhorn () mindspring com>

Here is the un-coded shorthand, Einar

HUAC. McCarthyism. The Black List. J. Edgar Hoover having dossiers on people
like Martin Luther King Jr.  The enemies list.

All the evils of the previous age revisited in the name of "political
correctness."

Only since it's the "political correctness" you approve of, it's OK.

That's what this kid is afraid of. And rightly so.

Because of the plain language of yor note.

>Should we forget about the fact that we are being attacked by ruthless
>organized terrorists and just open up to them?
>
>Are we not living in chilling times and circumstances?
>
>Should our serious students be shielded from our realities?

Substitute "communism" or "the red menace" and you have it in a nutshell.
The only way to fight the enemy is to become his evil twin.

Dana Blankenhorn   danablankenhorn () mindspring com
Progressive Strategies   Business Strategy analyst
http://www.progstrat.com http://www.corante.com/mooreslore
Get A-Clue.Com Free http://www.a-clue.com