Interesting People mailing list archives

Phones Under Lock and Code (TechNews.com)

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:48:44 -0500

I refuse to buy locked phones and thus I never have ATT Wireless or any other who demand locked phones djf

Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:55:03 -0500
To: undisclosed-recipient:;
From: Monty Solomon <monty () roscom com>
Subject: Phones Under Lock and Code (TechNews.com)

Phones Under Lock and Code

By Mike Musgrove
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, February 29, 2004; Page F07

Since last fall, cell-phone users have been able, with some patience,
to take their phone numbers with them when they change carriers. But
it's still tricky to move a cell phone itself from one service to the
next -- even when both carriers use the same wireless standard.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14265-2004Feb28.html