Interesting People mailing list archives

anti-spamware says zip files are "safe"!

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:43:52 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: bobr () bobrosenberg phoenix az us
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 07:36:14
To:dave () farber net
Subject: anti-spamware says zip files are "safe"!

Dave

I just sent out the Ben Cohen animation:
http://www.e-tractions.com/content/truemajority/oreo/faf/tmlogo.gif
explaining the Federal Budget in Oreo Cookies.

It bounced.

Below is an example of one of two things:

1>  .zip files do NOT and can NOT contain viri or other forms of malware, or

2>  anti-spam software is teaching the bad guys how to get around and past the
anti-spam software.

Bob
--
Bob Rosenberg,

“An informed public is the most potent of all restraints upon misgovernment.”
U. S. Supreme Court, Grosjean vs. American Press Co., 297 U.S. 233, 250 (1936)

I yearn for the day when eternal vigilance doesn't have to be quite so bloody
vigilant!

"Eternal Vigilance" is supposed to mean citizens watching their Governments,
not the other way around....

  brosenberg03 () cox net
    This message has been rejected because it has
    a potentially executable attachment "Fw: The movie George Bush doesn't want
you to see.eml"
    This form of attachment has been used by
    recent viruses or other malware.
    If you meant to send this file then please
    package it up as a zip file and resend it.