Interesting People mailing list archives

editor's comment on BETTER MAKE SURE YOU SMILE TSA plans higher fines for passengers with "bad attitudes"

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:56:54 -0500

Will people who point out that bomb jokes are in bad taste bother to read the full text

"Inappropriate or humorous comments concerning explosives or airport security are prohibited and are punishable by..."

Note it says airport security and humorous. Just where does that go. If I smile at inept behavior and tell someone it seems less that efficient , is that punishable. Will that cause me to be held and miss a flight.

I know of no place outside a court room where humorous comments will get you arrested.

Dave