Interesting People mailing list archives

IMHI Mental Health & Media Speaker Series

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:52:23 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Alison Dingwall <imhaad () gwumc edu>
Date: December 22, 2004 5:27:05 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: IMHI Mental Health & Media Speaker Series

Mr. Farber, we thought this might be interesting to your readership and would appreciate it if you could send the notice on to any interested parties. Thank you for your time and consideration.

GW's Institute for Mental Health Initiatives
Mental Health & Media Speaker Series

Children and the Internet
Featuring Kathryn Montgomery, PhD

Monday, January 24, 5:00-6:00pm

Location:       The George Washington University, NW Washington DC
(Specific room TBA)

The Institute for Mental Health Initiatives will be holding its second session in our Mental Health & Media Speaker Series featuring media education expert Dr. Kathryn Montgomery. A professor in the Public Communication division at American University, Dr. Montgomery will be addressing the topic of children and the internet. For nearly twelve years Kathryn Montgomery was the president and co-founder of the Center for Media Education and has made innumerable contributions to the areas of children's television and the impact of the internet on children. This event will take place on January 24th from 5:00 to 6:00pm.

Further details for this event will be sent in January. If you have any questions please call (202) 467-2285 or email: imhaad () gwumc org

IMHI is dedicated to promoting mental health by facilitating communication between the worlds of mental health and the media. For further information on IMHI please refer to our webpage at http://www.imhi.org.

Alison Dingwall, MPH
Research Associate
Institute for Mental Health Initiatives
2175 K Street, NW Suite 700