Interesting People mailing list archives

Law concerning Canadian-born US citizens

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:40:19 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brett Watson <brett () the-watsons org>
Date: December 2, 2004 1:26:55 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Law concerning Canadian-born US citizens

Hi Dave,

For IP maybe unless you know:

Some friends of my family are Canadian-born, but US citizens now (for many
years).  They have 3 kids, only one of which is native US born.

They are telling me that a new law was put into effect which disallows
Canadian-born US citizens from attending school in the US. I have a sketchy
story at the moment, but the family intends to move back to Canada in
several years because of this.

I haven't googled for this issue, but thought the IP-readership might know something of this? Sounds outlandish to me, but I don't think these friends would be reacting like this if it wasn't true in some fashion (again, I have
no more details at the moment).

-b