Interesting People mailing list archives

more on [Politics] Integration of Psy-Ops & Public Affairs in Iraq

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 06:12:36 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Hiawatha Bray <watha () monitortan com>
Date: December 1, 2004 12:09:41 PM EST
To: dave () farber net, Ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: RE: [IP] [Politics] Integration of Psy-Ops & Public Affairs in Iraq

As the guy in Robocop said, "I LLLLLIKE IT!!"

To be sure, this raises serious ethical issues for us journalists.  For
instance, would a reporter go along knowingly with such a ploy?  I think
it'd be wrong to do so. But having the government occasionally plant false stories aimed at the enemy makes lots of sense to me. We've done it in past
wars and will do it again.  I just hope it works.