Interesting People mailing list archives

Vonage 3 Way call broken?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:37:04 -0400

Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:12:17 -0400
From: Jock Gill <jock () jockgill com>

Dave,

For IP if you  like.

After many trials yesterday, including having my accoun tmoved to a new server and updating my ATA box, Vonage's three way calling is not working. BTW, I also reduced my bandwidth requirements to 50KB. Testing indicates that Comcast is providing 217 - 230 KB upstream connectivity and between 1.5 qnd 3 megs down

Here is what happens:

1] The host of the conference call connects to person #2

2] Host connects to person #3

Results: The host and the first person called can hear everything. But the second person called can only hear the host.

PLUS there is a mysterious "beep" every 20 seconds or so. The beep is usually not present in a simple two party call.

This is not a bandwidth issue, as Dewayne H., who has oddles of bandwidth, was just able to replicate this failure.

Does anyone on IP have any idea of what is going on with Vonage? Given AT+T's entrance into this market, I would hope Vonage would fix this ASAP. I would hope they would even allow 5 way calls.

Of course, iChat does not even allow 3 way audio chats.  A pet peeve.

Regards

Jock
--
Jock Gill