Interesting People mailing list archives

CMU COS PHD Seminar-Monday, April 5th

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:35:34 -0500

April 5th
3:00pm, Wean Hall 8220

Presenting:  Dave Farber

Title:  Has anyone seen the real next generation network?

Abstract:

There are many newspaper articles and press releases that talk about the "next generation" internet, Many take just a "small step for network kind". I will talk about what is likely to be the next real big steps and what the technology that underlies this will most likely be. We will explore not only the technical steps that must be taken to arrive there, but equally important the serious policy discussions that must be undertaken to support this step, Topics like "internet governance", telecommunications regulation, and "spectrum policy"while they sound irrelevant to the technology, can be show stoppers.

-Monika