Interesting People mailing list archives

more on NYTimes.com Article: What Went Wrong?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:48:05 -0400

As most of you know, Dan is in the business. djf

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:43:45 -0700
From: Dan Gillmor <dgillmor () mercurynews com>
Subject: Re: [IP] NYTimes.com Article: What Went Wrong?
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>

Actually, Krugman is a columnist, not an editorial writer. Both are
journalists. The first two offer opinions, hopefully based on facts, but
they're just as much journalists as any reporter or editor or photographer,
etc. Your correspondent is correct that Krugman's column is not a standard
news article, though it would take a fairly obtuse reader not to realize
this with a piece that includes "I warned" and "I'm sorry to say" in the
first sentence.

Dan