Interesting People mailing list archives

more on [ now this is a darn good question djf] FCC Policy-maker Lays Out VOIP Problem

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:26:44 -0500

From: gjones () ScottStringfellow com

Thought just occurred to me. If I am paying for universal service fee on my land line and on my cellphones as well, the fund should be flush with funds. It went from one phone per family, one revenue stream, to 3 or more phones per family with the additional cell phones. I am now paying in three times as much than I was 10 years ago. With all these additional funds flowing in, they should have broadband everywhere by now. Where is all the money going?