Interesting People mailing list archives

results of query survey

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:10:14 -0400

Thanks to several CMU students in our class at Carnegie Mellon called
<http://spoke.compose.cs.cmu.edu/digital-citizen/>Citizenship in a Cyber-Village (http://www.cyber-village.org/), the results are given below. NOTE: remember the readership profiles of IP readers and remember the questionnaire was not professionally created.

Dave

The questions were:

1 I should have the right to know what data is collected from me by private organizations 2 I should have the right to edit the contents of data collected about me to correct mistakes 3 I should be informed whenever advanced software is used to find trends in information collected about me 4 I should be informed whenever data collected about me is shared with a third party 5 It is important for my location to be known at all times by police or other safety officials

Response Meaning
1 Strongly Agree
2 Agree
3 No Opinion