Interesting People mailing list archives

A favor from your Editor

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:43:23 -0400

Periodically I like to probe the opinions of IPers on issues. This small set of questions will help me personally and in teaching. I would appreciate it if you would answer each with a 1 to 5 score. I will report the results over IP and delete all identification (in fact the replies after scoring.

Dave

5 Strongly Disagree
4 Disagree
3 No Opinion
2 Agree
1 Strongly Agree

I should have the right to know what data is collected from me by private organizations

I should have the right to edit the contents of data collected about me to correct mistakes

I should be informed whenever advanced software is used to find trends in information collected about me

I should be informed whenever data collected about me is shared with a third party.

It is important for my location to be known at all times by police or other safety officials