Interesting People mailing list archives

200 Miles across the desert. * 4:15PM, Wed September 24, 2003 in Gates B03

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 04:58:14 -0400

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: allison () stanford edu
Subject: [CSL Colloq] 200 Miles across the desert. * 4:15PM, Wed September 24,
 2003 in Gates B03
To: farber () cis upenn edu

              COMPUTER SYSTEMS LABORATORY COLLOQUIUM
              4:15PM, Wednesday, September 24, 2003
       NEC Auditorium, Gates Computer Science Building B03
                   http://ee380.stanford.edu[1]

Topic:    200 Miles across the desert.
          10 hours. No Driver.

Speaker:  John Nagle
          Team Overbot[2]

About the talk:

Team Overbot is building a robot vehicle designed to travel 250
miles across the Mojave Desert for a Department of Defense
competition. There's nobody on board, no remote control, and the
route is not disclosed in advance. It's the most ambitious ground
robotics project today. We'll describe how we're doing it and are
bringing the robot vehicle.

About the speaker:

John Nagle (Stanford CS '85) keeps a low profile.

About the Colloquium:

The Stanford Computer Systems Laboratory Colloquium meets every
Wednesday 4:15-5:30 during the academic year. The lectures are
public and open.  Stanford students may enroll in EE380 and receive
for one unit of credit.  See the colloquium web page for details.

Contact information:

John Nagle
Team Overbot[3]
nagle () overbot com[4]