Interesting People mailing list archives

more on GOOD QUESTION -- YOU CANNOT EXCLUDE YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:50:50 -0400

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:09:39 -0400
From: "Trei, Peter" <ptrei () rsasecurity com>
Subject: RE: [IP] YOU CANNOT EXCLUDE YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>

Dave:

[For IP, if you wish]
Let me get this straight - if you *ever* mistype an address in
an email or a URL, you are then and forever after bound
by a contract with Verisign, allowing them to harvest data
on you?

Even under UCITA, I don't see how this could be a
legal contract. Maybe I'm misunderstanding things.
(IANAL)

Doesn't Verisign have some kind of contract with a
government body specifying how they are to
discharge their trust in running the DNS?

Is this action allowed under that contract?

Peter Trei