Interesting People mailing list archives

more on ATT to offer Vonage line service...

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:18:22 -0400

From: Claudio GutiƩrrez <gutierrezclaudio () terra cl>

Dave
        I think the subject of this e-mail is misleading, as AT&T is going to
offer "Vonage-like" services, not necessarily Vonage services. In fact,
the original story says:

"AT&T is currently testing a 'bring your own access' consumer VoIP
service similar to the Vonage model, said David Dorman, AT&T Chairman
and CEO"

The conference where this was said is available online at
http://customer.nvglb.com/MORG007/090803a_cf/linkdefault.asp?entity=att2
an the specific part is at 3:30 minutes.

Additionally, in a story today in
http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/030911/tech_1.html John Polumbo, President of
AT&T's consumer unit, said:

"We're going to build out Voice over IP, whether we do it in partnership
or we go head-to-head and compete," Polumbo said in an interview. "We're
hoping that by the back end of next year we'll be in full marketing."

Regards

On