Interesting People mailing list archives

Who are you!!! Interesting RIAA quote

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:25:09 -0400

Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 23:28:58 -0400
From: David Chessler <chessler () usa net>
Subject: Fwd: [CGUYS] Interesting RIAA quote
To: farber () cis upenn edu

Date:         Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:42:48 -0400
From: "Jacoby, Robert A"
Subject: [CGUYS] Interesting RIAA quote
Read this item on a law professor's blog:

AT LUNCHTIME TODAY, I moderated a panel discussion on digital downloading and music, featuring a bunch of musicians, songwriters, and industry people from Nashville. Here's the scary bit: one of the industry guys said that their big legislative priority is to try to create a regime where you have to register with a unique, verifiable ID to access the Internet.

http://instapundit.com/#011909

Dunno if he was trying to be funny or no, but given the RIAA's track record, I'd believe it was serious.

Robert Jacoby